There's a reason why Sew Right is the best reviewed and most recommended sewing machine dealer in New York City and Long Island. We have been servicing the tri-state area since 1973 and our team of experts are available to support your sewing journey from the day you purchase your sewing machine. Our qualified technicians have received formal training along and practiced with years of experience. We pride ourselves in offering timely service, an accessible manner, clear communication and honest assessment
throughout the entire process.
Jim Parsons (full time) is our Master technician and has been formally trained by all leading manufacturers including, Baby Lock, Viking, Bernina, Janome, and Singer. Jim has over 30 years of experience repairing all makes and models of Sewing machines that also include Kenmore, Pfaff, Juki, Taylor, Brother.
Steve Gruber (owner, full time) has over 30 years of experience repairing sewing machines.
Steve has been formally trained by Brother (including all of their single needle, multi-needle machines, and PR Series). Steve has regularly attended Brother's training series on all of their machines as recently as 2015. Also formally trained by Singer, Baby Lock, and Juki.
- Do I need to make an appointment to service or repair my machine?
No. You are welcome to visit us during regular hours and bring your machine at any time. An appointment is not necessary.
- What do I need to bring with me when bringing in my machine for service or repair?
- Sewing Machine
- Foot Pedal
- Power Cord
- Bobbin Case
- All Purpose Presser Foot
- Embroidery Machines: Embroidery Module and a Hoop
- How much will it cost?
- This all depends on the make and model of your machine, as well as its condition. When you visit us, we will provide you with a FREE estimate. You can decide at the time if you want to move forward with service and/or repair.
- How long will it take?
- All machines are put into the same queue when they are brought in on a first come, first serve basis. On average it takes 2-3 weeks for service.