The best thing about visiting Sew Right Sewing Machines in person is the chance to demo our selection of sewing machines. We are a full line distributor of sewing machines and carry the most trusted brands in the industry: Bernina, Baby Lock, Brother, Husqvarna Viking, Pfaff, Janome, and more! It's important to buy the best quality machine you can afford that match your skills and interests.
We often get asked, "What sewing machine should I buy?" This all depends on several factors:
- What is your budget?
- What do you like to make now?
- What would you like to learn and make in the future?
- Do you plan to travel with your machine or will it mostly remain in the same space?
- Do you prefer a variety of accessories or a simple straight stitch?
- Do you plan to embroider?
We've compiled a list of other considerations, but don't let this overwhelm you! When you visit us, we are happy to walk you through and help you find the best machine for you!
Sew on the machine! When you visit, you will get a chance to sew on any machine you are considering. We will provide sample fabric or bring your own.
- Start/stop button. Do you want to manually lift the presser foot or would you like an automatic button?
- Bobbin. Where is the bobbin located and is it easy to wind a bobbin? Does the bobbin hold a standard amount of thread or a jumbo amount? Quilters may want an extra large bobbin.
- Threading. Can you easily thread the machine?
- Needle. Can you easily remove and insert it?
- Feeding. Does fabric feed evenly under the needle? Do you want an additional feeding system for more control?
- Utility stitches. What are the basic stitches you use the most? Does the machine have all of them? Some to consider: join seams, overcast edges, topstitch, hem, zigzag, and more.
- Throat space. How large is the throat? Do you need a larger throat space for special projects or quilts?