Are you ready to make your first garment and don’t know where to begin? Have you started making your own clothes but are getting frustrated with the sizing of the pattern companies? If so, then this lecture / demo is for you! Catherine will cover everything that you need to know from before you pick out your pattern all the way to cutting out your fabric. Here is what you are going to learn:
- the correct way to take your body measurements and pick out your correct size
- how to navigate through the different pattern companies and their pattern options to purchase
- understanding pattern sizing ranges and what to do if your size is on the “cusp”
- deciding if you should make a sample before sewing or trace out your pattern before cutting
- understanding the different types of fabric so that you choose the right fabric for your pattern
- understanding how to read your layout instructions to begin cutting your pattern in your fabric
Bring a notebook, a pen and your questions!