We have had many requests for a beginning quilting class and Laurie found a GREAT kit that would be a wonderful project for someone who wants to plunge into quilting and wants to develop their skill set. This kit has a fun design and all the components needed to create an easy, but complex-looking quilt. This 3 class series will take you through sewing, quilting, and binding a quilt. By the end you should have a completed quilt or be on your way to finishing it on your own.
- The Quilt Kit
- Sewing machine in good working order. You can reserve a class room machine in advance, if you prefer.
- Basic sewing supplies- sewing scissors, glass head pins, marking pen.
- 45 mm rotary cutter
- Self-healing cutting mat
- 6" x 24" Acrylic ruler
- 1/4" Presser foot for your sewing machine
- 50 weight cotton thread for piecing
- 50 or 40 weight cotton for quilting
- Cotton Batting