Some beginner classes rush you through a couple of simple projects. When you then try to do it on your own, you're lost. At Sew Right we've been teaching beginners for years and have developed the right format so that you'll understand it and can go home and do it on your own. Ruth has been teaching people to sew for over 30 years!
Our dynamic and skilled instructor Ruth will review:
1.Learning how to read the envelope back of the pattern, purchase the right fabric and notions, interpret the symbols and charts, and how to properly layout the pattern pieces on fabric.
2. Sewing-machine basics
3. Tools and terminology
4. Stitches: Regular stitch, stay stitch, topstitch, edge stitch, basting
5. Seam finishes
6. Preparing marking, and cutting fabric
7. Reading a commercial pattern
8. Sewing a garment that fits including adjusting the size
9. Hemming a garment properly
Class Fee: $195, which includes Simplicity Sewing Pattern S8917 Misses' Jackets and Vest pattern. Machines are supplied or you can bring your own. Please reserve one in advance.